Antivirus is a computer program that protects your device from unwanted programs, infected files, and various malicious viruses.
The Best Friendliest and Free Avast Antivirus that Will Not Slow Down Your PC
The main tasks of the anti-virus software are:
- preventing the penetration of infected information into the computer system;
- minimization of the consequences of viruses; detection of the source of the virus; removal and neutralization of malicious files.
The most popular free antivirus for home use. Constantly monitors mail, traffic, chats, P2P networks for viruses, worms, spyware, etc. It can scan the system not only on-demand or by the scheduler, but also provides the ability to check before Windows boots. There is a “game mode” that allows you to turn off pop-up messages with one click. Nice little things in the form of a tool for updating programs installed on a PC and a “remote assistant” with the ability to fully manage a computer on which the same antivirus is installed.
The disadvantage of this antivirus is advertising, which intrusively invites the user to switch to the paid version by updating. Often, an uninitiated user clicks the “update” button, thinking that he will update the virus databases, and upgrade to the paid version, which stops working after the trial period, requiring a key. Since 2014, the developers of Avast! FreeAntivirus requires free registration.
Antivirus Programs Types of Protection
Antivirus programs differ in the type (method) of protection against viruses. Here are the following:
- Detector programs, or scanners, find viruses in RAM and on external media, displaying a message when a virus is detected.
- Doctor programs (phages, vaccine programs) find infected files and “cure” them. Among these types of programs, there are polyphages that are able to remove various types of viruses, the most famous of the polyphage antiviruses NortonAntiVirus, DoctorWeb, KasperskyAntivirus.
- Auditor programs are the most reliable in terms of virus protection. Inspectors remember the initial state of programs, directories, system areas of the disk until the moment of infection of the computer, then compare the current state with the initial one, displaying the found changes on the display.
- Monitor programs (firewalls, firewalls) start their work when the operating system starts up, resides in the computer’s memory, and automatically checks files on a “here and now” basis.
- Filters (watchdogs) detect the virus at an early stage before it begins to multiply. Watch Dogs are small resident programs designed to detect virus-specific behavior.
A modern computer requires several types of antivirus programs on the computer since this option will allow the user to effectively protect the computer from malicious code. At its core, antivirus programs are software that is rather difficult for a non-advanced user to understand, both in terms of choosing an antivirus and in terms of installing this software on a computer. In addition, modern anti-virus products often lag behind decisions, and old signatures do not work against new viruses.
Besides, avast is slowing my computer to a crawl is a common problem. It is worth paying attention to all users, no matter what antivirus you choose, when installing from the developer’s site, pay attention to reading the contents of the page or the installer menu before clicking the “download” or “install” button. Very often, unnecessary software is attached to the downloaded antivirus as a gift, which will slow down your computer. Before starting the installation, you can always refuse the “gift” by unchecking the boxes in the special installer menu. Be careful!